7.3.4 -> 7.3.8 - a little stuck
Tom Lane
2004-11-17 06:25:28 UTC
Although I upgraded to 7.3.8, I saw several incorrect(?) references to
7.4 (e.g. PGVERSION=7.4 in that init script). Mistakes?
Yes ... yours. You may have thought you updated to 7.3.8, but you
evidently installed 7.4.something.

regards, tom lane

(send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to ***@postgresql.org)
Devrim GUNDUZ
2004-11-17 08:37:54 UTC

o***@yahoo.com
2004-11-17 13:22:51 UTC
Aha! :)
No problem Devrim - I did this last night and everything worked. The
init script must be from the 7.4.* versions, because there are also
changelog-type messages mentioning 7.4.* in there.

Otis
Devrim GUNDUZ
2004-11-17 22:20:00 UTC

o***@yahoo.com
2004-11-17 13:20:42 UTC
Hello,
Post by Tom Lane
Although I upgraded to 7.3.8, I saw several incorrect(?) references
7.4 (e.g. PGVERSION=7.4 in that init script). Mistakes?
Yes ... yours. You may have thought you updated to 7.3.8, but you
evidently installed 7.4.something.
I double-checked and it looks like I installed 7.3.8, just like I
intended:

$ rpm -qa | grep postg
postgresql-tcl-7.3.8-2PGDG
postgresql-libs-7.3.8-2PGDG