initlocation -- command not found -- HELP NEEDED
azariah jason
2004-11-01 13:38:06 UTC
Hi All,

I am worknig as a Sys/ DB Admin in a reputed Company.
In My postgreSQl 7.4 i am not able to run
"initlocation" Command. It gives Command not found
error.
To rectify this what should i do ?
Please do your needful.

Regards,

Json.E

Michael Fuhr
2004-11-02 04:37:23 UTC
Post by azariah jason
In My postgreSQl 7.4 i am not able to run
"initlocation" Command. It gives Command not found
error.
Either initlocation isn't installed or it's not in your PATH. You
should be able to determine whether it's installed by using a command
like "find" or "locate". If initlocation is installed, then make
sure your PATH contains an entry for the correct directory, or else
use initlocation's full path when you run it. If initlocation isn't
installed, then perhaps you're using a packaged version of PostgreSQL
and you need to install an additional package.

It's also possible that initlocation is installed as initlocation.sh.

What platform are you using and how was PostgreSQL installed?
--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

joining column's datatypes do not match
Michael Fuhr
2004-11-02 14:48:06 UTC
I am using RH EL 3.0 with postgreSQL 7.4.i .
In this i am not able to issue initlocation command . i searched
the commaned but not found.How do i do for invoke this command? as
well what addtional pakegs to be installed? pleae let me know about
this.
What packages are available that you don't have installed? One of
them probably has what you're looking for.
--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

(send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to ***@postgresql.org)